ABDUL HADI, LAWAHEZ (1927-)

Vice-President of the Union of Voluntary Women's Societies , Director of GUPW in the Nablus area

Born in Nablus in 1927; educated at A’ishiyah School in Nablus; Diploma in Education, Dar Al-Mu’alimat Institute, Jerusalem (1946); worked as a teacher in UNRWA schools; attended an educational supervision/inspection course organized by UNESCO in Beirut in 1973; earned a BA in Arabic Literature, Birzeit University (1981); worked as a teacher at A’ishiyah School in Nablus from 1946-57 and then in the Aden Protectorate from 1957-59, where she also became the educational supervisor for Arab Language Teaching in 1959 (until 1962); supervisor for UNRWA schools in the Hebron and Bethlehem districts from 1962-64; Director of Education for UNRWA Schools in Hebron from 1964-67 and in Nablus from 1968 until her retirement in 1987; participated in the founding of the GUPW in 1965; Vice-Pres. of the Union of Voluntary Women’s Societies, West Bank; Board member, Charitable Social Care Society; member, Arab Women’s Union Society since Dec. 1987; became the Director of the Arab Women’s Union Society in Nablus in 1992 and of GUPW in the Nablus area; received an award from the Nablus Municipality on 8 March 1997 and the Charitable Organizations Award in 1998.

Lawahez Abdul Hadi